With the new release of the Galileo 2 you might be wondering what the differences are. In short these are the differences:
- The serial cable used to connect to the Linux console is now using a standard FTDI 3.3V cable.
- Like this one on Amazon
- Another difference is that the Galileo 2 has improved I/O speeds.
- Also the PWM pin performance has been improved.
- 12-bit PWM controller allows for more fine grained control.
- The Galileo 2 is longer than the Galileo 1.
- It is about 1 inch longer
- The USB Host port is a full size port
- No longer needs a separate OTG connector in order to be used.